Re: [Evolution] RFE: instant messaging integration

Hi Bill,

On Wed, 2001-10-10 at 20:48, Bill Anderson wrote:
That would be awesome. I've been building a distributed calendar/task
managing service that would integrate wonderfully with evolution. After
I deployed it, O was going to look at what it would take to provide a
"plug-in" for evolution that connected to it, post Evo 1.0. I was
looking at more of a SOAP interface, though I might be able to code in
an RDF interface...

If you're talking about something this complex, you can just write a new
Evolution component -- there's a reason that Evolution is split up into
6 or however many executables. If write an application that implements
the EvolutionShellComponent interface, then it will automatically be
started up by the shell. If you add some files to the default_user
directory, then the shell will automagically copy over your data files
as well. Hopefully, in the future, integration of new components will be
even better (for instance, the startup wizard is hard-coded now) but the
1.0 release of Evolution will definitely be fully extensible.

Peter

--
Peter Williams     peter newton cx / peterw ximian com

"Why should I have to change my name? He's the one who
sucks!"                              -- Michael Bolton