[Evolution] SSH IMAP & POP forwarding

I have a company ADSL connection at home and firewalls are somewhat
restricting my connections. I have to use local SSH port forwarding to
access my e-mail message box through IMAP or POP.

I've created a SSH tunnel to my IMAP or POP server from localhost:12345
and my Evolution settings are using localhost:12345 pair for mail access.
The problem is (if I understand it correctly) the Evolution which gives as
a Username "username localhost" to the IMAP or POP server for
authentication. Authentication fails because mail server wants
something like "username" or "username real_mail_server" instead of
"username localhost".

Is there some way around this? Same forwarding system works fine with
other mail clients.

   Otto