Re: [Evolution] Birthday in contacts

On Mon, 2001-10-01 at 03:58, Jürgen Meurer wrote:

So, I checked around, basically windows apps don't sync this
information, they just skip over and don't overwrite it when syncing
(exception being the palm desktop software which has exactly the right
fields).  We were already doing this for desktop fields but we were
overwriting the category and custom fields (addressbook) on the pilot.
I fixed this.  The only way that info like the birthday will go missing
completely is if you delete it on the desktop and some action on the
pilot causes it to be put back, but then you have to ask yourself - how
important is deleted info? :-)
I think I don't understand exactly what you mean with "The only way that
info like the birthday will go missing completely is if you delete
it..."
If I type in a birthday in the contacts should I have this information
anywhere on my pilot (in user defind fields)?

No.  But syncing will never overwrite the information (with nothing) in
evolution.

-JP
JP Rosevear                             jpr ximian com
Ximian Inc.                             http://www.ximian.com