Re: [Evolution] Evolution vs Evolution

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 01:01:40AM +1030, Trevor Nichols wrote:
On Thu, 2001-11-29 at 23:58, Ross Burton wrote:
Its the IMAP server.  imapd is the University of Washington IMAP server
which doesn't like multiple connections.  I believe if there are
multiple simultaneous connections it will drop the original connection.
The behaviour however is weird, I see it all of the time at work (RH62
server, with Evo and OE as clients) but my boss never sees it at home
(imapd on Solaris).  Maybe its a file locking issue which doesn't appear
on Solaris builds.

I'm using that same IMAP server on a FreeBSD box, same problem.  Do you
know of / are there another easily configurable IMAP server which does
allow multiple connections of the same mailbox?

Just for correctness' and completeness' sake:

You might take a closer look at the documentation of UW Imapd, as you'll
find this to be a mailbox-format-issue. Using the default-format for uw,
which is mbox, you run into this issue, using for example mh or mbx (note
the difference to mbox) you wouldn't, but certainly lose the accessibilty
for local use on the server for various tools only operating on
mbox-files. Where this is acceptable, you can stay with uw and just
recompile with a different mailbox-format as the default.

                g, drifter
--
drifter outerlounge de