Re: [Evolution] Evolution vs Evolution

I use cyrus imap (and pop).  Setup is easy, and there are tools for
tranfer.

I have never seen a lock up problem with it.  I have actually opened
multiple evo's to the same mailbox (and hammered it).

Cyrus is a bit different in that all mail stays under the cyrus account
and is stored in a central spool.  This means local tools like elm will
not work.  POP and IMAP still works.  Cryus uses pam so users do not
have to have a /etc/passwd account on the system.  I use a gdbm file and
script on one system.  I have friends runnign large scale school systems
on cyrus+perl_ldap, everything is web based.  This allows for a greater
security model (not the least is that your email password does not mean
anything past email).

On the whole I have found no problems with Cyrus itself, and it has a
lot of features I never get around to using.