Re: [Evolution] serious problem in rc versions

On Thu, 2001-11-29 at 21:16, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:

    This is a mail client right?
    So why is it I can't create mail in it?
    Whenever I try to create mail I get a message that informs me that the
    folder of type Mail died.
    Then the Mail module is gone.
    I have to restart Evo to be able to manage mail again.
    The only way so far is to reply to a message and change all headers
    (like I did now).

  Can you give a bit more information on this?  Like some stack trace,
or a version number and package information?

This is rc 1, I've had it since beta 4-5 something like that.
Running on Mandrake 8.
If I run evo from a console, then make it crash and exit. This is what I get.

Bonobo-WARNING **: Exception on unrealize 'Unknown CORBA exception id: 'IDL:CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0''

evolution-shell-WARNING **: Error changing interactive status of component
OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Mail_ShellComponent to FALSE -- IDL:CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0

I've had a report from another user saying he has the same problem in rc2.

Martin S