[Evolution] Tools to diagnose spell checking problem?

Are there any tools/tips to diagnose spell-checking problems? I am still trying to get my spell checking to work. The gnome-spell-component gets launched when I open a Composer window, but does not do spell checking. This is the command line as it gets launched, as per the kernel's /proc system:

gnome-spell-component--oaf-activate-iid=OAFIID:GNOME_Spell_DictionaryFactory:0.1--oaf-ior-fd=32

Does this look correct?

Any pointers?

Thanks,

Ujwal