[Evolution] Synchronizing ~/evolution in between my desktop and my laptop

[sorry if you receive this twice, I was not registered to the list
 the first time, and so I don't know if it went through.]

Hello all,

I would like to synchronize my ~/evolution in between my desktop
and my laptop; for obvious reasons.

I use rsync,

   rsync -Rauvz -b --delete evolution laptop

and all the files are perfectly mirrored.  However, within Evolution
on the laptop, I don't see any appointment?  Looking at the content
of files, I can see that the name of the desktop is in there, are
those entries signed? Does it explain why I cannot see any appointment?

Any help would be appreciated,
Marcel