Re: [Evolution] Evolution over ethernet
- From: "Rebecca J. Walter" <rjp mail tele dk>
- To: Mark Neill <mark thisismyown com>
- Cc: Evolution mailing list <evolution ximian com>
- Subject: Re: [Evolution] Evolution over ethernet
- Date: 16 Nov 2001 14:44:30 +0100
ssh -l login server
export DISPLAY=name of local display
Sorry. I didn't knwo how to answer your question exactly, so those are
the steps I use.
ssh to the server, then exporting directly to your local display, or ssh
to the server, and DISPLAY back through the proxied X connection?
I suspect people with problems are exporting back through the ssh tunnel.
X is a crappy protocol to do this with, you get lots of little bitty
packets which need to be encrypted then decrypted.
evolution maillist - evolution ximian com
] [Thread Prev