Re: [Evolution] Evolution over ethernet

hi again,

at first, my network consists of a file/mail/web server, my workstation
and my girlfriends windows98 pc. they are all connected via a 10mbit
connection. i don't think that with the stuff i do i utilize the network
that much ;o)

second, i work sometimes on the pc of my girlfriend, i use reflection x
to get my x-login. it works great,

        i can work with all my applications, even openoffice.org (staroffice)
works like a charme, there is NO noticeable delay in drawing something,
else with galeon, rox, even gimp is extremly fast, but with gimp high
resolution pics (only the pic itself, not gimp) are paint a little bit
slow.

the only software i notice time delay's is evolution, it is not bad, if
i click on another mail folder, i see the toolbar redrawn and so you see
the screen refresh, it is about 2-3 seconds, sometimes a bit slower, but
it is annoying, it is not as smoth as it should be/as other applications
are.

that's what i mean, if i want to create dedicated office servers to
prevent installing each software on each pc or have to manage the
updates, then i want the software running smoth, you should not be able
to see the window refreshing on each click!!

;o)

if there is a bug filed, i think it will be solved in the future

best regards

--
Raimund Sacherer
Linux Solution Provider