Re: [Evolution] Changing Quotation String?

On Wed, 2001-11-14 at 11:08, Brett Johnson wrote:
On Tue, 2001-11-13 at 19:55, Mike Strock wrote:
On Tue, 2001-11-13 at 12:25, Brett Johnson wrote:
On Tue, 2001-11-13 at 11:54, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
No, it's not possible. I suppose we could add the feature but I
personally am not sure I like the idea. If people change the prefix,
then it becomes impossible (not hard, but impossible) to colourize
and/or do anything cool with quoted text in general.

Nonsense.  A fixed quotation string is only needed if one is too lazy to
implement the solution correctly.

Calling people lazy because they didn't implement
your pet feature is poor,  in my opinion.

My apologies for the way that sounded.  I didn't mean that the
implementors of Evo are lazy.  What I meant to say was that a simple
"it's impossible" reply (or even a "it's too hard" reply) was rather
lazy (besides being quite incorrect).  Again my apologies to the Ximian
folks and other Evolution contributors.  Evolution is an *awesome* piece
of work, you folks are *definately* not lazy.

No offense taken, however I don't know if I like the idea of a regex,
our target users are not perl hackers :-)

I will keep the regex approach in mind though.

BTW, definable quotation strings are definately *not* my pet feature - I
couldn't care much less about it.  _My_ pet feature request is that LDAP
search attributes be customizable for the auto-completion feature.

Brett Johnson <brett_johnson hp com>
     -  i  n  v  e  n  t  -