Re: [Evolution] Changing Quotation String?

On Tue, 2001-11-13 at 19:55, Mike Strock wrote:
On Tue, 2001-11-13 at 12:25, Brett Johnson wrote:
On Tue, 2001-11-13 at 11:54, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
No, it's not possible. I suppose we could add the feature but I
personally am not sure I like the idea. If people change the prefix,
then it becomes impossible (not hard, but impossible) to colourize
and/or do anything cool with quoted text in general.

Nonsense.  A fixed quotation string is only needed if one is too lazy to
implement the solution correctly.

[...]

Calling people lazy because they didn't implement
your pet feature is poor,  in my opinion.

My apologies for the way that sounded.  I didn't mean that the
implementors of Evo are lazy.  What I meant to say was that a simple
"it's impossible" reply (or even a "it's too hard" reply) was rather
lazy (besides being quite incorrect).  Again my apologies to the Ximian
folks and other Evolution contributors.  Evolution is an *awesome* piece
of work, you folks are *definately* not lazy.

BTW, definable quotation strings are definately *not* my pet feature - I
couldn't care much less about it.  _My_ pet feature request is that LDAP
search attributes be customizable for the auto-completion feature.

Cheers!
--
Brett Johnson <brett_johnson hp com>
     -  i  n  v  e  n  t  -