Re: [Evolution] Time

On Tue, 2001-11-13 at 00:15, Damon Chaplin wrote:
On Sun, 2001-11-11 at 08:16, Fatih Demir wrote:
> On Sat, 2001-11-10 at 19:28, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
>
>     > I think, almost %40 of users would prefer to see the time in 24 hour
>     > format. (I'm using RC1)
>
>       The time displayed depends on the locale.  If you run the desktop in a
>     locale that uses 24-hour format, Evolution will use 24-hour format too.
>
> Any chance or possible to way to also get an 24-hour time display with
> "C" locale (I don't work normally under a locale)?
> I hope there's surely a LC_ALL, LC_* env variable existent which allows
> us to influence this a bit, but I haven't found something similar yet.
> Anyone did already?
You should always be able to use 24-hour time display in all locales.
It is the 12-hour format that is only available in some locales.
Hm, I use the "C" locale and do get the AM/PM formats -- I meant if it would be possible to change the time formatting routines via an environment variable or the locale settings themselves to get a 24 hour time display even for the "C" locale.
(Though there may also be bugs in the translations that affect time
formats.)
AFAIK the "C" locale shouldn't be/isn't a translation at all.

PS: I don't like this CC'ing 'round but maybe you will now get the mail faster in front of your eyes, so I did it.
--
<([ Fatih Demir / kabalak / kabalak gtranslator org ])>
<([ ICQ#: 64241161 / kabalak-o-phone: +491749787080 ])>