From: <Dennis Heuer stud uni-hannover de>
To: <evolution ximian com>
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2001 1:04 AM
Subject: [Evolution] Re: evolution 0.99

| A Catastrophe!
|
| I can't get the mail folders on screen. When I click on Inbox, Outbox etc.
the markation always jumps back to summary! The mailbox entry in the
shortcut doesn't even show an icon (but the label is there). The contacts
icon is visible but the entry does not work too. When looking into the menu
folder "new" I can only select one of

|   - Appointment
|   - Contact
|   - Contact List
|   - Task
|
| but only Appointment and Task work!
|
| The menubar does not help me any further because it always only presents
the active part of evolution (that can't be mailbox in my case because I
can't make this part active) - I really hate those dynamic menues, bahh, you
only end in trouble! There is no reason why you not at least offer the rest
of the options in subfolders (like netscape did with its task-folder)

| I considered evolution 0.15 as alpha but now you fell back to pre-alpha!
|
| Please help, and please analyse smaller mail clients like balsa and
sylpheed because your overblown, fat, and coloured evolution does not even
have the most normal configuration or formatting options that are more
important than weather forecast. Sorry, but I am not impressed. My older
mails are still in the evolution directory but I can't reach them except via
a text editor. I use Sylpheed now again and still think that it is a better
email client than evolution will ever be (because of your enterprise
attitutes that make you blind for standard comfort and functionality).

| So I wait for the day when evolution works again and I have to switch
back. For a luck, Sylpheed is clever enough when exporting emails because
evolution is too stupid when importing!

| Greetings
|
| Dennis
|
| (I use linux 2.4.13, glibc 2.4.4, gcc 2.95.3, gnome 1.4 (all freshest),
and no sendmail (thus no bug-buddy))