Re: [Evolution] IMAP Inbox?

On Tue, 2001-11-06 at 02:39, Raymond Lee wrote:
(So, before I start filing bugs that shouldn't be filed, I want someone
to say that I'm having real problems that aren't due to a history of
runing betas

This is a messy behavior change between beta versions that had some
unexpected consequences we didn't figure out until later.

  new:
     ray madrabbit org
     |--Evolution
     +--Inbox (141)
     |  |--Sent
     |--Sent
     |--friends

  etc.

Upon the upgrade, Evolution created a new Sent folder, and put it under
an Inbox folder just like my prefs for the previous version had
requested. Also, the Inbox folder it created on my IMAP server doesn't
actually exist -- it's just participating in the hierarchy for the new
Sent folder (.Inbox.Sent on the server, without an actual .Inbox
anywhere).

Yeah. You need to change your Sent folder to be "Sent", not
"Inbox.Sent", and delete the Inbox.Sent folder. Then the real inbox
folder should appear again. (Probably after a restart.)

Second, rather annoyingly, someone changed the sorting order to be the
ASCII collating sequence. May I please respectfully request that this
get changed back to a case insensitive collation, like human languages
normally use?

Blah. I was going to fix that at one point and got distracted trying to
fix it in glib. :-/ Might be able to fix this quickly before 1.0...

-- Dan