Re: [Evolution] Concernd abot hogging system

On 22 May 2001 19:29:32 +1200, Rob Brown-Bayliss wrote:
On 21 May 2001 23:45:43 -0400, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
It's probably just processor or I/O intensive. Plenty of other Linux
apps will seemingly lock the system if they are doing something super
intensive.

Jeff

If thats the case it's pretty ugly, having the machine appear to have
crashed.  I know it hasn't, but how many windows users would reach for
the power button if their desktop stops responding for 15-20 seconds or
more?

How fast is your computer? My computer here at work is a 233mhz computer
(not the lowest, but not speedy), and it only pauses things for at most
3-4 seconds. Which IMO isn't desirable, but at least acceptable.

Tim