Re: [Evolution] Filter question

You should re-consider your priority for this feature. It makes Evo nearly unusable for people who use IMAP and subscribe to several mailing lists. Here is a rundown of my email use:

 - subscribed to many mailing lists
 - depend on email for important business communications
- have email client "automatically check" for new mail so that business-related messages don't go unnoticed. - filter out list-related messages so my Inbox should only contain business mail, and will be quickly noticed when it arrives.

I doubt that the above is an unusual use of email. In fact, I suspect that it is very common.

Without automatic filtering, the above is not really possible because the Inbox is always cluttered so always demands attention. I know that I won't use Evo as long as automatic IMAP filtering is missing.

BTW, was there a specific decision to exclude this functionality? I am a bit confused, because all other email clients I have used seem to filter automatically.

Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:

filters do not get applied to IMAP mail automatically because they are
not "downloaded" when you hit Send & Receive. We do plan on adding a way
to automatically filter IMAP mail at some point but I'm not sure when
this will happen.

Jeff

--
Matthew Nelson