Re: [Evolution] future requests that would improve evolution

On 18 May 2001 12:26:56 +0930, Not Zed wrote:
On 17 May 2001 21:50:53 +0500, Dan Winship wrote:
    nah, i would never ask evolution to do something like that, that
    would be as bad a another mail program we all know :-)
    doing that i presume would pose a great security risk?

No, not at all. Well, unless you routinely receive mp3s from the CIA or
something.

    p.p.s is there a way to remove the warning message on startup, as
    its really annoying?  cheers

The official answer is "no", although you can find the real answer in
the archives, or the source code.

It is?  I didn't know that.

Well, why not have an opt-out button checkbox on it, just like the Gnome
Hints do when Gnome is launched the first time.  I notice that when I
turn of the automatic launching of these hints (I always do), I am
told how to go about reenabling them. This seems like a perfectly
reasonable way to handle this "welcome" screen.

Of course, if this dialog is made some sort of dynamically updated
message from the Ximian/Gnome team, perhaps having it be more permanent
makes sense (I think Communicator and Outlook do something like this,
but the message is displayed as a message, rather than as a dialog).  As
long as the text is static, what possible excuse could there be for
subjecting users to it repeatedly?

        Miles