Re: [Evolution] Lock file error

On 16 May 2001 13:03:43 -0400, James Labarre wrote:
The messages I found in the archives referred to mail files being on NFS
shares, but these are all local files.  I am running RedHat 7.0, with Gnome
1.4 updates & Evolution 0.10.

Elsewhere in the archives you'll find that Evo doesn't yet use movemail,
so you need to unprotect your incoming mail spool:

$ ls -ld /var/spool/mail
drwxrwxrwt    2 root     mail         4096 May 16 14:06 /var/spool/mail

If this is a security issuey for you, an alternative that some use is to
run a local IMAP server and use Evo's IMAP support.

-- F