Re: [Evolution] Composer problems with 0.10

I just started using RedCarpet and broke Evolution trying to get RedCarpet working.

After upgrading a few components via RedCarpet RPMs (now running RH 7.1)
that I had previously compiled, evolution wouldn't start. Turned out I
had extra files floating around. (well, okay - I had two seperate
installs of Evolution now) I removed a series of files, re-ran the
RedCarpet and got Evolution to open, but the composer window wouldn't
work, most-likely a GTKHTML problem. Note I had perhaps 10 manually
compiled libs and programs from my original attempts to get Evolution
working. I wanted to replace all that work with RPMs and start using
Red-Carpet.

Here's what I did:

I removed the RPMS for Evolution, GTKHTML, libunicode and GAL. (even
though all that may not have been necessary, it's what I did).

Then I ran an updatedb and searched through the hard-drive for
extra/old/useless files associated with each of these packages. I
deleted what I was sure about, backed up what I wasn't sure about and
ran updatedb again to double-check.

Then I ran GTKHTML, GAL and libunicode RPMs to satisfy the Red-Carpet
dependancies and re-installed Red-Carpet
(red-carpet-1.0-ximian.10.i386.rpm) with --replacepkgs

Red-Carpet fired up, I subscribed to the Evolution channel and upgraded
GAL, GTKHTML and then clicked Evolution. Red-Carpet picked up several
other old packages, downloaded, upgraded and installed and I was good to
go.

Give it a try and good luck!

Don't forget to back-up you're evolution folder in your home directory -
mine was fine but you never know.

Mike : )