Re: [Evolution] To build on Mandrake 8.0

Hi Roger,
I just installed mandrake 8.0 and I'm sending you this message with
evo 0.10. Here is what I did which seems a lot easier than what you
are doing. Not that this is recommended and some things might not
work but here it is.

Get evolution for redhat 7:  evolution-0.10-ximian.1.i386.rpm

Then go into the ximian gnome directory for redhat 7 again and get:
libgal6-0.7-ximian.2.i386.rpm
libgnomeprint11-0.25-ximian.6.i386.rpm
gtkhtml-0.9.2-ximian.2.i386.rpm

Now do a rpm -Uvh --test *.rpm and if all is well do it without test.

This worked for me. At least the mail part works fine, I still have
to test the rest. Make sure that you reverse the changes that you
tried before attempting this.

Good luck,
Mayly

ps. by the way will Ximian be supporting Mandrake 8.0 now that it's a
stable distribution as much as redhat 7 and it doesn't differ
from it too much?
yes, this is an official request.