[Evolution] email

Hi Everybody,

I am working on a kiosk system for some of my clients, and would like to
include
evolution for email.  I notice that it says at ximian.com:

"Even though it has a non-zero version number, this is not a "stable"
release. You will not be able to use it as your real mail client, calendar,
or contact manager."

Does this mean that it is a non-functioning email client??
Or, that it is just beta software, and prone to crashes?
I would very much like to be able to use evolution for email only purposes.
Is there any reason I can not?

Also, if anyone has any other suggestions on a good, simple, no frills email
client for ximian,
please let me know.  Using netscape for email is out of the question.

Any and all replies are welcome!

Thanks in advance,
Jamie Rubinstein
Systems Engineer