Re: [Evolution] Feature Request (or RTM?)

On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 11:08:36AM -0600, Weaver, Mike D (N-CSC) wrote:
It would be helpful to support SSL/TLS connectivitiy to IMAP/POP Servers.

In many circumstances I want to use SSL/TLS as the pipe due to firewalls,
and other constraints.

If this already exists or is in the plan... sorry for the spurious traffic.

I want to second this, but also let Mike know that until it's actually in
Evolution, you can get around this easily using stunnel.  In fact, one of
their examples is exactly this situation:

                          http://www.stunnel.org/examples/encrypt_services.html

Just set up the client side stunnel on your machine, then point Evolution
to localhost and you're good to go.

However, this should really be an option in Evolution somewhere, as the
setup is much more cumbersome than it needs to be this way.

Bret