Re: [Evolution] deleting folders, maildir as default mail storage and M$ Exchange problems

El 03 May 2001 22:21:39 +0200, Dan Winship escribió:
> On 03 May 2001 18:56:48 +0200, Juan Alonso Hernández wrote:
> > 1. I can't find a way to delete a previously created folder. I think
> it
> > should be easier to do so (if it's possible)
>
> It's not currently possible.
>
> > 2. Also, why don't you use Maildir as the default mail storage system?
>
> It makes it harder for people to switch from Evolution to other mailers,
> which was more of a problem when people tended to switch back and forth
> more often, I guess. No strong reason. It may change.
>
> > 3. When I try to send an email throught an MS Exchange server which
> > doesn't allow sending email to another domain than domain.com evo
> gives
> > an extrange reason.
>
> What reason does it give?
220 somedomain.com ESMTP Server (Microsoft Exchange Internet Mail Service 5.5.2653.13) ready
EHLO [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]
250-somedomain.com Hello [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]
250-XEXCH50
250-HELP
250-ETRN
250-DSN
250-SIZE 0
250-AUTH LOGIN
250 AUTH=LOGIN
MAIL FROM: <account1 somedomain com>
250 OK - mail from <account1 somedomain com>
RCPT TO: <dharana dharana net>
550 Relaying is prohibited

This is the real conversation. Evo just says: Mailbox unavailable. I think it should be better if it justs said: You cannot send email to an account other than * somedomain com or something like that.

> > (neither Plain, MD5 or Digest mode works though. I
> > will ask our email admin about this).
>
> It probably wants the nonstandard "LOGIN" extension, which will work
> after Evolution 0.10.
Ok.

2 More things about signatures:
- try to configure evo to include html signatures. It's all messed up.
- someone pointed it out some time ago. When you have different signatures assigned to different accounts, and you switch them in the From: field, the signature stay the same. It would be really useful if it switched automatically.

-
dharana <dharana dharana net>
-