Re: [Evolution] Evolution 0.10 branch on Solaris

Hi,

On 1 May 2001, JP Rosevear wrote:

On 01 May 2001 10:43:17 +0100, Laszlo Peter wrote:
Running evolution-mail in gdb we've found that it was trying to read the netscape
preferences in an infinite loop and failed to detect the end of the file.

After applying this fix:

I'll let iain deal with this one.

This problem is still there. If you have a netscape preference file but
you don't have a "mail.directory" entry in it then it just keeps looping
forever.

Even after applying the above patch, evolution would not start the evolution-mail
component.  It works if I start the mail component in a separate window before
running evolution.  It does this in both my Linux and Solaris builds.

I have exactly the same behaviour on the Sun machines here at work.  My
suspicion (although I have little proof) is that this is an oaf problem,
specifically a race condition related to the fact that multiple oafd's
are started on Solaris.  I'm waiting to see what mjs comes up with in
this regard.

I rebuilt evolution yesterday with the latest oaf and ORBit and it starts
perfectly this time. (-:

Cheers,

Laca