Re: [Evolution] Folders vs. VFolders

Virtual folders dont contain their own copies of messages, they merely
reference messages in existing folders based on the search criterea.

All operations, like reading, deleting, etc operate on the message as if
you selected it in the source folder.

So the advantages are that you can have multiple dynamic views of your
mail without having multiple copies of it, and all operations act on the
original folder, so if you read a message in one vfolder, it is read
everywhere, etc.  The creation of the views is simpler/faster than
filtering messages into a new mailbox too, etc.

 !Z