Re: [Evolution] Folders vs. VFolders

On 02 May 2001 16:24:21 -0700, Kernel Panic wrote:
I am really confused here. I setup filters for all my mail lists, and
created subdirectories to the Inbox, in which the emails are moved
according to their list source...all works fine.
I've been looking at VFolders now, and I fail to see the
difference...what are the advantages/disadvantages (if any) between
vfolders and normal folders??

Thanks for clearing this up. I tried to read the evolution manual but I
just get an error when it tries to open.

Well I don't know what the "official" reasons are for using
folders/vfolders but I personally have millions (well not quite that
many :) folders and filter all messages into the various folders.  Yes I
am a neat freak organized fool.  I have also created some vfolders which
allow me to have messages of a certain category be displayed from
multiple folders.  For instance, I have a folder for seven of the
projects that I work on.  Mail meeting various requirements are
immediately moved to the appropriate folder.  I also have vfolders which
will pull out certain topics (like Work Order Numbers) which displays
every message from those 7 folders which have Work Order Numbers in
them.  I find the vfolders to be very useful in merging multiple folders
without duplicating any messages at all.

--
Sejal Patel (sejal iname com)

"I can call spirits from the vasty deep.  Why so can I, or so can any man;
but will they come when you do call for them?"
                                        Shakespeare, King Henry IV, Part I