Re: [Evolution] how to delete mail folders and more

On 26 Mar 2001 16:41:33 +0200, Stefan Kost wrote:
Hi there,

finally I managed to get evolution to start (all files in
'<gnome-prefix>/share/oaf/' had the extension '.oaf' instead of
'.oafinfo' - after creating links it works.

Hmm, weird sounds like your oaf isn't recent enough, the new oaf uses
.oaf files, and .oafinfo is to dissapear at some point.

Now two (hopefully) minor issues :
1. Evo succesfully imported my mails, but now presents me with lots of
folders which I would like to reorder. Unfortunately I can't just drag
and drop mails from one folder onto an other. the same with folders
itself. can't rearrage them.

If you want to move messages around you have to select them and then
goto the 'move' menu (under actions or the right-click menu).  drag and
drop is in the works.

Currently there is no way through the gui to reorder the folders :(  But
yes this can be done by hand by just moving the physical folders around
inside of ~/evolution/local, but only do it if evolution isn't running
at the time!  Again, this is in the works.

2. When I delete a mail, I have to click 'ApplyFilter' before they
vanish. And where are they afterwards (I have 'Papierkorb' - (german for
trashcan), 'Trash','trash') ?

Uh, yeah you normally just run 'expunge' to delete them.  We now have
empty trash too (which afaict just does exactly the same thing, but for
all folders on a given server, not just the current folder).  There will
soon be an option to hide messages automatically too, and they will then
appear inside the "trash" folder as you delete them (they already do
actually, they just dont dissapear from the main view).

Apart from that I looks great. I guess it will take a while for me to
explore everything.

Ciao
  Stefan