Re: [Evolution] crash on get pop

On 24 Mar 2001 20:34:13 -0500, Michael Leone wrote:
On 25 Mar 2001 10:44:20 +0930, Not Zed wrote:
On 24 Mar 2001 11:32:17 +0100, Xavier Bestel wrote:
latest snapshot, the crash when getting mails on several POPs is still
there:

Did anyone say they'd fixed it?  No need to repost ...

Actually, no one's ever officially said WHAT'S been fixed WHEN, or at
least not said it here on this list. The only way most folks have of
knowing that is by reading this list, and seeing posts like that.

Well he posted the same or similar bug (if you look at the backtrace) a
few times in a couple of days, thats all.  Particularly being the
weekend its unlikely anything has changed in that time.

Don't the developers maintain a "list of problems fixed today" (a
changelog, I guess), and if so, can you post it here every day, perhaps
as an automated task in the snapshot build process? This way, folks can
decide whether or not to get a snapshot, especially if a specific
problem they're having hasn't been resolved yet.

There are changelogs but they mostly detail exactly what changed and
sometimes dont translate obviously into fixed bugs.  And these are
available in the cvs tree (and viewable through cvs.gnome.org).

Other than that, we use the bugzilla bugtracker to manage bugs really,
and you can theoretically query that to generate a list of fixed bugs
recently, although even that can often lag a bit since w'ere busy fixing
new bugs or adding new features.

We generally post a status report every week usually to
evolution-hackers (sometimes just to an internal developer list) to say
what we've worked on/fixed/added lately, cross posting it to evolution
would probably be a bit over the top, since its really developer info,
the users get the release notice which goes with each release, and
contains similar information too.

 !Z