Re: [Evolution] Evolution 0.9 won't start

Patrick Hartling <patrick 137 org> wrote:

} I just installed Evolution 0.9, but I cannot get it to run.  I'm trying
} to start it from the command line by running the 'evolution' binary.
} Everythiing starts okay as far as initial setup, but then I get a
} message saying "Cannot initilize the Evolution shell".  I have tried
} setting $GNOME_PATH and $OAF_INFO_PATH as suggested in some mail I found
} in the January archives, but that isn't helping.  Is there something else
} I am missing?

Well, I got this problem solved--sort of.  oaf-slay wasn't killing oafd
properly, so I killed it by hand and restarted it.  Now the splash
window comes up, but then it just hangs.  A message is displayed about
evolution-addressbook not responding to SaveYourself, so I have been
choosing to remove it.  This doesn't seem to improve the situation,
though.  What might be causing Evolution to hang?

 -Patrick

Patrick L. Hartling                     | Research Assistant, VRAC
patrick 137 org                         | 2624 Howe Hall -- (515)294-4916
http://www.137.org/patrick/             | http://www.vrac.iastate.edu/