Re: [Evolution] +cvs.2001.03.22.09.00 observations.

On 24 Mar 2001 12:54:03 -0500, Craig Longman wrote:
On 24 Mar 2001 10:32:45 -0500, Michael Leone wrote:
On 24 Mar 2001 15:43:45 +0100, Xavier Bestel wrote:

Even more useful: the percentage bar should show how many BYTES from the
total have been downloaded (in %).

Don't know if that's possible, because the mail server may not report
the total SIZE of the emails waiting to be downloaded; I think they just
report the NUMBER of emails waiting to be downloaded. But I could be
wrong.

actually, you sure can.  with pop at least ( i'm sure there's something
equivalent for imap ) you just issue a 'list' command and you get back
multiple lines of two numbers, the first is the message #, the second is
the size in octal.

At the moment it tries to do it based on the number of bytes in each
message.

Ok so it didn't work.  Please just get over it, i haven't had time to
address it yet, but its on my todo list, its so trivially minor i can't
believe how upset people are about it.