Re: [Evolution] Bonobo

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 11:54:33PM -0700, Paul R . Watkins wrote:
I've downloaded and installed bonobo .37 but the ./configure can't find it
and returns an error "must install bobobo >= .37".

What do I need to do to get this recognized.  I'm using ./configure
--prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc

Hmm, your post is a little bit unclear.

a) how did you install bonobo? by source or by RPMS?

b) if you installed bonobo by source, did you ./configure --prefix=/usr
--sysconfdir=/etc ?

c) if you installed bonobo by RPMS, did you install the bonobo-devel package
too?

you need to make sure that:

when compiling from source, that everything (evolution AND bonobo) are
installed in the same %prefix, ie. /usr, /opt etc.

when installing libraries by RPMS, you must also install the -devel package
of the library if you were to build other code that depends on this library.

Duncan.