Re: [Evolution] bug reporting

-----Original Message-----
From: Not Zed [mailto:notzed ximian com]

I know i've read through your messages, but either didn't
have an answer
at the time, or didn't have the time to answer and considered
it a known
issue and didn't get to it.
Thanks for writing!  I do appreciate it!

We try to answer most of the mails but sometimes we can't keep up with
everything and a few slip by - I think you were unfortunate to have
slipped though each time.
I understand how that sort of thing goes....

Looking back i saw a couple from you still in my inbox, e.g.
the galeon
thing, well i dont know galeon at all, but you can't even configure
evolution-mail to bring up a composer from the command line
yet (it will
be possible), so the answer is "it cannot be done at all - yet".
If it's possible to launch a composer window from the command line, I
think it will be doable.  I'm no galeon geek either, but I did figure
out that I can launch an evo window by setting up the MIME type in
Gnome.

The other issue with occasionaly crashing, I think that is a known bug
too, and 0.10 should address it  - to some extent at least.
Does this mean the random crashes, or the IMAP crashes that I posted
with a subject header "reproducible crash?"   Of course, less crashes is
a good thing, but I'm very interested in hearing an update about the
IMAP issue.....

Because there seems to be some issue posting bugs via
bug-buddy, I would
suggest using the bugzilla interface at
http://bugzilla.ximian.com/, but
please check through it first to see if any similar bugs have been
posted or fixed already.  Also watch the lists as some bugs are fixed
already in the development snapshot and not in a released version yet.
I'm reading the mailing list to see about bugs that I've reported.  I'm
not very familiar with bugzilla usage.  I've used it to report RedHat
bugs (which RedHat never fixed) so I can probably figure it our for evo.

Thanks for giving it a go, and although your messags were not replied
to, they were still in my inbox at least, so not (entirely) forgotten.
Of course.  I don't say this often enough - evo is really cool.  I'm
planning to switch my wife over to it (from netscape) once it gets just
a little bit more stable.....

Very cool.  Thanks for the hacking!

REgards,
Tom Cooper