Re: [Evolution] Integration with other mail programs

We plan on having a mechanism to "visit" foreign folders in a supported
mailbox format (like mbox, etc), in by 1.0, hopefully.

This will let you do things like have your (or an) inbox being the spool
file (rather than evolution incorporating all mail internally), and also
use external mailboxes like elm or mutt or pine mailboxes from their
exisitng locations (well hopefully, even if it might not be as efficient
as possible).

Hopefully one day there will be a text-mode client too, but that is
probably some time away.

 Michael