Re: [Evolution] addressbook.db and some minor nits

Le 2001.03.14 07:55:25 +0100, dan hensley att net a écrit :

On 14 Mar 2001 04:55:43 +0000, dan hensley att net wrote:
      After recompiling Evolution on my new machine and moving
over my evolution directory from my old machine, I
discovered that I could no longer see any of my contacts,
and any attempt to save a new contact crashed wombat.
After reading through the archives, I found that I needed
to convert my db1 formatted file to db2.  So I did
something like
db2_dump addressbook.db | db2_load addressbook_new.db
and then moved files around.  Unfortunately, this didn't
work.  Still no contacts, and wombat still crashes.
      So what can I do to get my old contacts???

not a clue...

Yess ! I just did (this is ONE line):

db_dump185 ~/evolution/local/Contacts/addressbook.db.old |db_load
~/evolution/local/Contacts/addressbook.db

I only wished this worked.  I get the same this as Ettore (has
anyone figured out why?  I couldn't find it in the archives):

$ db1_dump185 addressbook_old.db | db2_load 2.db
db1_dump185: addressbook_old.db: Invalid argument
db2_load: line 1: unexpected format

What's going on with this?  It's too bad these db libraries
couldn't manage to provide better upgrade tools.

Dan