Re: [Evolution] pilot synchronization doesn't appear to work

On 14 Mar 2001 01:33:30 -0500, JP Rosevear wrote:
On 13 Mar 2001 22:59:04 -0600, Matthew Vanecek wrote:
I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what.  I've got the
calendar, address book, and to-do conduits configured in GNOME control
center, to merge from pilot.  I tried first to copy from pilot.
However, none of the entries I have on my Visor show up in Evolution
Calendar, or Contacts, or Tasks.  I noticed there were some pilot-*
files in the ~/evolution/local/* tree.

Those should be there after a sync.  Do an oaf-slay and restart - what
happens?  Also helpful would be to run gpilotd on the command line and
try syncing  let me know about the output.  Also check to see whats
currently in the calendar.ics and tasks.ics file.  make sure you backup
first :-).

I should probably mention that I'm using cvs evolution (HEAD), from late
last week...
Ok, I tried that, but still no entries.  The output from gpilotd is
quite extensive.  Below is a snippet, for example:

gpilotd-Message: HotSync button pressed, synchronizing pilot
gpilotd-Message: Pilot ID is 500, name is Visor, owner is Matthew
gpilotd-Message: Pilot has 0 entries in get_sysinfo queue
gpilotd-Message: Pilot has 0 entries in restore queue
gpilotd-Message: Pilot has 0 entries in conduit queue
gpilotd-Message: Using conduit settings for sync...
backupconduit-Message: CityTimeDB not modified since last sync
backupconduit-Message: Datebk3HDB not modified since last sync
backupconduit-Message: Christmas List not modified since last sync
backupconduit-Message: WW food companion not modified since last sync
backupconduit-Message: PylonProDB0004 not modified since last sync
backupconduit-Message: PylonProDB0003 not modified since last sync
backupconduit-Message: PylonProDB0001 not modified since last sync
backupconduit-Message: PylonProDB0002 not modified since last sync
backupconduit-Message: AddressDB not modified since last sync
eaddrconduit-Message:

eaddrconduit-Message: pre_sync: Addressbook Conduit v.0.1.1
eaddrconduit-Message: Addressbook Conduit v.0.1.1
eaddrconduit-Message:     doing slow sync

eaddrconduit-Message: match: looking for local copy of ['Andrews' 'Kyle'
'']

eaddrconduit-Message: match: looking for local copy of ['Bennet'
'Phyllis' 'Hami
lton Family']

eaddrconduit-Message: match: looking for local copy of ['Carte' 'Randy'
'Lord &
Co.']

eaddrconduit-Message: match: looking for local copy of ['Guynes'
'Stephen' '']

eaddrconduit-Message: match: looking for local copy of ['Hamilton'
'Jack' '']

eaddrconduit-Message: match: looking for local copy of ['Robertson'
'Craig' '']

eaddrconduit-Message: match: looking for local copy of ['Staples'
'Michele & Rap
hnel' '']

eaddrconduit-Message: post_sync: Address Conduit v.0.1.1
eaddrconduit-Message: ecalconduit-Message: --

And the calendar:
ecalconduit-Message: pre_sync: Calendar Conduit v.0.1.5
ecalconduit-Message: Calendar Conduit v.0.1.5
ecalconduit-Message:     calling cal_client_open_calendar

ecalconduit-Message:   entering start_calendar_server_cb

ecalconduit-Message:     success

ecalconduit-Message:     doing slow sync

ecalconduit-Message: match: looking for local copy of [978105600
978109200 'Forc
ed Acknowledgment Process Run (Period Final)' 'Invitees:        Kelvin
Rausaw,Ma
tt E Vanecek,Kimberly N Baker
---
See instructions for running report in OMS Monitoring Manual']

ecalconduit-Message: match: looking for local copy of [-1577189340
-1577053200 '
' '']

************************************************************Much more of
the same***************

etodoconduit-Message:

etodoconduit-Message: pre_sync: ToDo Conduit v.0.1.4
etodoconduit-Message: ToDo Conduit v.0.1.4
etodoconduit-Message:     calling cal_client_open_calendar

etodoconduit-Message:   entering start_calendar_server_cb

etodoconduit-Message:     success

etodoconduit-Message:     doing slow sync

etodoconduit-Message: match: looking for local copy of [0 979020000 1 0
'Open JI
M Issue to use deliv. date on manifests instead of the valid. date.' '']

etodoconduit-Message: match: looking for local copy of [0 982648800 1 0
'Begin o
rganizing NCR PVCS area' '']

etodoconduit-Message: post_sync: ToDo Conduit v.0.1.4
etodoconduit-Message:

Here's the calendar.ics file:

        BEGIN:VCALENDAR
        CALSCALE
         :GREGORIAN
        PRODID
         :-//Ximian//NONSGML Evolution Calendar//EN
        VERSION
         :2.0
        END:VCALENDAR

Here's the tasks.ics file:

        BEGIN:VCALENDAR
        CALSCALE
         :GREGORIAN
        PRODID
         :-//Ximian//NONSGML Evolution Calendar//EN
        VERSION
         :2.0
        END:VCALENDAR

They look remarkably similar to me.
I noticed the pilot-*db files are in db 1.8.5 format.  I'm not sure if
that's correct or not.   Here is what is present in the Tasks directory:

me2v reliant Tasks $ ls -l
total 20
-rw-r--r--    1 me2v     users          97 Mar 14 10:37 folder-metadata.xml
-rw-r--r--    1 me2v     users          56 Mar 14 10:41 pilot-map-todo-500.xml
-rw-r--r--    1 me2v     users       16384 Mar 14 10:41 pilot-sync-evolution-todo-500.db
-rw-r--r--    1 me2v     users         116 Mar 14 10:41 tasks.ics

How do I get the entries from my calendar, etc., to appear in Evolution?
They don't show up in evolution, but if I synchronize to, say, the GNOME
Address Book, it works fine.

They just "show up" even if the app is running.

That's good to know.  I moved my ~/evolution directory, and let
evolution create a new one, but entries from my Visor still do not show
up in Evolution.  Is there a setting I may have missed somewhere in
Evolution?  I didn't see anything relevant, and importing the pilot*db
files doesn't work.

--
Matthew Vanecek
For 93 million miles, there is nothing between the sun and my shadow except me.