RE: [Evolution] Plans for Exchange?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mitch Pirtle [mailto:mitchy spacemonkeylabs com]
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2001 2:15 AM
To: Alex Swavely
Cc: Evolution Ximian  Com
Subject: RE: [Evolution] Plans for Exchange?

On 09 Mar 2001 10:41:23 -0800, Alex Swavely wrote:
Boo, hiss...  Use HP OpenMail servers instead for Exchange
functionality....

First off, it's much more stable, second, it runs on Unix platforms, and
third, if you have fewer than 50 clients, you can get the RedHat version
free of licensing fees...

Um, how's that?  After poking around the OpenMail site I could find
nothing about a licensing exception for RedHat users.  I'd love to use
OpenMail - expecially while feeling pressure for Exchange
functionality...

You go here:
http://www.openmail.com/cyc/om/00/showfile.cgi?200-0305
look near the bottom of the page to download the Linux version.

It says there "Only available on RedHat 7.0. Free, fully-functional,
unsupported evaluation software download" - The initial limit is 6 months,
however, on the next page, beside the entry box for email address is the
statement:
        "This is the address we will use to contact you regarding
        the free license key for up to 50 users that will enable
        you to continue using this fully-functional, unsupported
        software beyond the 6-month evaluation period."

So, ergo, under 50 clients, free HP OpenMail server on RedHat 7.

I dug through the licensing terms, and commercial use is even kosher.