Re: [Evolution] Installation Problem

There should be a package on ftp.gnome.org called xml-i18n-tools, you'll
need to get that and install it before you install most of the other
packages.

Jeff

On 10 Mar 2001 23:35:08 -0500, Tim Boring wrote:
Hi!  So far, I've compiled and installed GConf, bonobo, gtkhtml, and oaf
successfully.  I'm hitting a wall with gnome-vfs, however.  I'm
configuring gnome-vfs-0.5 by './configure  --prefix=/opt/gnome
--sysconfdir=/etc/opt/gnome' and everything seems to go fine with this
one exception:

sed: can't read ./intl/po2tbl.sed.in: No such file or directory
sed: can't read ./intl/Makefile.in: No such file or directory

I'm hoping this has something to do with internalization and isn't
important.

But, upon compiling I get the following error msg:

make[3]: ../../xml-i18n-merge: Command not found
make[3]: *** [gnome-vfs.keys] Error 127
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

I take it the xml-i18n-merge is some kind of feature for the merging of
documents, etc.  But does it also have to do with internationalization
(i18n) and do I need it?  I'm asking because I tried going ahead and
doing 'make install' for this package, but then when I get to running
the configure script for evolution it complains about gnome-vfs not
being installed.

I guess my question is this: if I need this "xml-i18n-merge" to proceed
from here where do I get it?  If I don't need it...hmmm.  What's the
next step to solve this problem?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim