[Evolution] Installation Problem

Hi! So far, I've compiled and installed GConf, bonobo, gtkhtml, and oaf successfully. I'm hitting a wall with gnome-vfs, however. I'm configuring gnome-vfs-0.5 by './configure --prefix=/opt/gnome --sysconfdir=/etc/opt/gnome' and everything seems to go fine with this one exception:

sed: can't read ./intl/po2tbl.sed.in: No such file or directory
sed: can't read ./intl/Makefile.in: No such file or directory

I'm hoping this has something to do with internalization and isn't important.

But, upon compiling I get the following error msg:

make[3]: ../../xml-i18n-merge: Command not found
make[3]: *** [gnome-vfs.keys] Error 127
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

I take it the xml-i18n-merge is some kind of feature for the merging of documents, etc. But does it also have to do with internationalization (i18n) and do I need it? I'm asking because I tried going ahead and doing 'make install' for this package, but then when I get to running the configure script for evolution it complains about gnome-vfs not being installed. I guess my question is this: if I need this "xml-i18n-merge" to proceed from here where do I get it? If I don't need it...hmmm. What's the next step to solve this problem?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim