Re: [Evolution] Problems checking mail

Can you telnet to the POP server again and isue a "CAPA" command?
I'd like to see all the text the server spews at you so I can figure it
out.

Jeff

On 07 Mar 2001 11:15:58 +0000, Paul Coates wrote:
On 04 Mar 2001 00:51:56 -0500, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:

Can you give me more information about your specific setup for POP? This
week I'm planning on focusing on fixing any bugs people are having with
the latest CVS code. There seems to be some breakage going on lately.

I assume this used to work fine for you?

If you could send me some `export CAMEL_VERBOSE_DEBUG=1` output it'd be
great. Someone else reported a bug in POP the other day which seems to
be related to the server supporting APOP. Does your POP server support
APOP? and if so are you using it?

Thanks for any information you can give me. I might try looking at this
tomorrow whilst sipping hot chocolate watching the 12" of snow come
plopping down on the streets :-)

      I've been having the same POP server problem as Dan since I joined
    my new ISP
      last week. I now have two pop accounts, telnet server 110 tells me
    the
      first is QPOP (version 2.53) which I have no problems with, the
    second
      from my new ISP is Microsoft POP3 Server Version: 5.5.1877.117.11

      I keep getting the message box

      Error while performing operation:
      Could not connect to <the_microsoft_server> (port 110): Connection
    refused

      After I do a telnet to the server it seems to work OK. If I then
    quit
      evolution and restart the problem returns. Also I have no problems
    using
      Mozilla mail to get mail from both accounts.

      I don't know if the servers support APOP (I don't use it).

      I'm using Evolution 0.9 [+cvs.2001.03.06.23.27] from daily
    snapshots
      with RedHat 7.0 and Gnome 1.4 beta.

      Paul