Re: [Evolution] possibly stupid PGP/GPG display question

Other mailers (I'm thinking specifically of mutt right now) embed the
current time in the blurb saying that it was signed.  For instance,
something like:

"The following was PGP signed (current time: Fri Mar  2 12:51:56 2001)"

It seems to be a relatively simple solution, and pretty difficult to
forge, but most users don't really think to verify that it shows the
correct current time every single time they view a PGP signed message.
Perhaps if Evolution could recognize the above string if it was
already in the message beforehand and highlight it bright red or
display some kind of big red X icon or something?

On 2001-02-28, at 22:37:02+0500, Dan Winship wrote:
As other people said, the plan is to have some sort of unforgeable
indicator there saying whether it's validly signed or not.

We're still not quite sure what it will be, so if people have ideas, let
me know. :-)

--
Dave Allen

Email:  daveallen acm org
ICQ:    757709
WWW:    http://www.sysrq.org/
PGP:    0x8885BE88 | 383A 2686 5F9B 31AE 51F5  A50F CDD4 69B7 8885 BE88