[Evolution] Re: [HC Evolve] Naming of Evolution

Mr. Felton:

 We haven't had any complaints yet, although if you do run across any, I'd be glad to hear them and to speak with the person who takes issue with the name of the product. I do understand that that's an issue for many people-- I've heard of a support call where someone refused to have anything to do with "icons" on the desktop until they were referred to as "little pictures" instead-- but I feel that people making a rational business decision can seperate the name of a product from a scientific process related only by metaphor.

Frankly, the name of our product has little or nothing to do with the darwinian theory of Evolution, but rather with the strict dictionary definition of "change over time."

Good luck with the biology textbooks, by the way.  I hope you find a good solution and help people teach well.

Yours,
Aaron Weber
Ximian, Inc.

--
This message written with Evolution, a nutritious part of the complete
Ximian GNOME desktop.  Join the Evolution: http://www.ximian.com