From: Luis Villa [mailto:louie ximian com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2001 8:14 AM
To: evolution ximian com
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Latest snapshots crash on exit - POSSIBLE
SOLUTION?

It's bug 5110, and it should have been fixed in CVS last night.
Luis

On 31 Jul 2001 10:46:52 -0400, Peter Williams wrote:
On 28 Jul 2001 12:09:43 -0400, Michael Leone wrote:
I noticed something - I had Evo set to "Empty Trash on exit".
HOWEVER,
if I manuall empty the trash using Actions->Empty Trash and THEN
exit,
it exits normally; no crash. This happened twice.

So I'm going to try unchecking that option, and seeing what happens.
However, perhaps one of the developers could check that section of
the
code for recent changes.

We've since figured out that evolution-mail is surviving longer than
the
evolution shell. When you exit, evolution-mail tries to create new
EvolutionActivityClients (because it's performing activities --
expunging mailboxes) with a dead reference to the shell, causing a
segfault in evolution_activity_client_new().

I'm not sure if this has been fixed yet, but that's the problem. It's
on
Bugzilla somewhere.

Peter

--
Peter Williams     peter newton cx / peterw ximian com

"Why should I have to change my name? He's the one who
sucks!"                              -- Michael Bolton

Luis Villa
Ximian Bugmaster
"Quality is an amazing bridge because it is universal in its language."
Thomas Corcoran