Re: [Evolution] prefs all gone after latest snapshot

with each invocation of
Evolution, I lose things like the sort order of messages, the order of
the fields in the message "view", etc.

I *have* noticed that that it seems to NOT remember the size of the
message list pane.

I've noticed that as well.  Evolution DOES remember if you've selected
"threaded view" for a mailbox (all mine are IMAP, btw), and it does keep
track of which messages have been read.  Sorting in date order, most
recent last seems to be the default, so I'm guessing you wouldn't
notice: try changing that order, and restarting.  If it doesn't stick,
then at least I know it isn't some weird permission issue on my side.

I did erase my evolution directory and killed oaf/evo and even rebooted
this morning just for the hell of it.  (Also downloaded the snapshot
from ftp.ximian.com and rpm'd it as well.)  No go.

My guess: the bonobo-conf isn't complete.

-K

I keep the folder view on the left (and yes, Evo remembers that I turn
that silly shortcut bar off :-). On the right, I have a top pane that
shows the list of messages in the folder, and the bottom pane shows the
text of the selected message.

Well, lately, Evo keeps forgetting the height of the top pane. I usually
keep them the same height, but - on starting Evo - the top pane is half
the size it was when I closed Evo. IOW, I have to keep re-sizing the
silly thing, whenever I start Evo.

And I view the message list in date order, with the latest date at the
bottom. I occasionally use the Threaded view, but don't like it as much
as date order.