RE: [Evolution] Question: How should contact folders work?

-----Original Message-----
From: Ettore Perazzoli [mailto:ettore ximian com]
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2001 3:21 PM

What surprises me, though, is that if I receive mail with a vCard
attached,
Evolution will let me view it, save it to disk bit NOT
import it directly
into the contacts.  That makes no sense to me.  I have to save it to
disk,
change folders and then do an import!

  Uhm.  I am pretty sure the vCard viewer has an "Add me to
Addressbook"
button.

I've just verified.  Right-click and left-click on the vcf tag in
the mail message produce a selection list that has:

     SAVE TO DISK
        OPEN IN GNOME CARD
        HIDE

Not only that, but when verifying this I noticed ....... in the window
that lists the messages, the header fields are

        1. An envelope icon.  Closed or open.  This is actually redundant.
           If the message hasn't been read the envelope is closed and the
           message header is in bold face.  It has been read the envelope
           is open and the header is not bold any more.  Using the 'mark
           as read' and 'mark as unread' toggles both the envelope icon
           state and the bold

           Since this is consistent, its intentional, but its still redundant.

        2. A paper clip icon .  Presumably this means the message has an
           attachment. In this instance I am working with a message that
           has both a vcf attachment and a file attachment.  However there
           is no paperclip mark bedside this message.  Does this constitute
           a bug?  I would think so. I had a hard job finding the messages
           I wanted - those with vcfs - in the 47,000+ messages since no
           clips appear.

        3. A red exclamation mark.  By inspecting the source I see this means
           there is a 'X-message-flag' associated with the message.  Again,
           its redundant because the message headers are in red.

These may not be bugs in the same sense that segfault is a bug, but in my
experience, segfautls are easier to track and fix.  These kinds of bugs
arise because of the absence of a definitive and complete specification.

Anton J Aylward