Re: [Evolution] Question: How should contact folders work?

However when I try importing a vcf into the subfolder I get the message
"Importer not ready, waiting 5 seconds".  The VCF then gets imported not
into the subfolder but into the main folder.

  This sounds just like an importer bug.  It should be posted into our
Bugzilla.

contacts.  When I also consider that I can't do a bulk import from a
comma delimited file I get the feeling that Evolution isn't designed for
"mail in the large".  I see a few other mailings in this list that point
in that direction.  Maybe someone should take  a look at Pim van Riezen's
[pi vuurwerk nl] "postoffice" for dealing with this.  I hope 'Open
source"
doesn't also mean NIH.

  Yeah, we don't have a comma-delimited file importer.  But it's pretty
easy to write, actually.  Any volunteers?

Am I supposed to be able to drag and drop contacts, because I can't.

  Yes.  If it doesn't work with the latest snapshot, it's a bug.

What surprises me, though, is that if I receive mail with a vCard
attached,
Evolution will let me view it, save it to disk bit NOT import it directly
into the contacts.  That makes no sense to me.  I have to save it to
disk,
change folders and then do an import!

  Uhm.  I am pretty sure the vCard viewer has an "Add me to Addressbook"
button.

--
Ettore