Re: [Evolution] Ximians, GET A MODEM !!

On 05 Jul 2001 09:04:21 -0600, Tom Schutter wrote:
Some key issues that I note from the fetchmail exceprt:

1) DELE is not sufficient with some POP3 servers.  A QUIT is
   required before it is actually deleted.

2) QUIT after every message has a large overhead.

3) Fetchmail decided to make this a user-specified option.

OK, thank you very much for this. It seems the POP3 problems described
in the fetchmail manpage (line drops on POP3 servers that do not do the
equivalent of a QUIT on  hangup) is exactely what happens to me, too
often.
Perhaps Evo should borrow fetchmail's code and put such an option in the
settings ?

Xav