Re: [Evolution] Why IMLIB ERROR: SHM can't get SHM Identifier...?

On 29 Jan 2001 09:33:31 +0100, Tristan Tarrant wrote:
On 28 Jan 2001 11:41:48 -0500, Fernando Pereira wrote:
In previous snapshots, I got a multitude of the following errors:

IMLIB ERROR: SHM can't get SHM Identifier for Shared Pixmap Wrapper
             Falling back on Shared XImages
IMLIB ERROR: SHM can't get SHM Identifier for Shared XImage
             Falling back on XImages

This has been happening to me lately. There is some app that I run that
decides it wants to create large SHM blocks. Using ipcs to list the
shared memory areas I see a slew of 32K areas (I guess these are
allocated for my app's pixmaps by gdk_pixbuf) owned by my user, and some
large (>700K) areas owned by root. After a while all apps that use SHM
cannot allocate shared segments anymore.

I just checked, I have lots of 64k blocks allocated, for a total of 8M.
However, my limit seems to be 16M. II'm getting these messages all the
time still

- F