[Evolution] No Subject
- From: Mark Douglas Corner <mcorner umich edu>
- To: evolution helixcode com
- Subject: [Evolution] No Subject
- Date: 25 Jan 2001 19:05:41 -0500
Woohoo I composed this with evolution. I am moving towards using it
full time. However I have a few issues. Perhaps a few have been
implemented/fixed in CVS or I am missing something obvious. Probably
all these things have been discussed.
Either way, you guys kick ass.
I am using Evolution 0.8 from the debain distro.
1) One thing I didn't like about Outlook but I use on Pine was the
ability to set the sent-mail folder to something other than a local box.
(For instance an imap folder) This is a useful feature when you check
your mail from multiple machines and often reference these items. I save
ALL my mail to the imap server. I don't trust clients and neither
should you :)
2) Dragging a mail message into a mail folder (to move it) doesn't work?
I drag it over and I get an icon with a paper and an arrow in the upper
left corner. Drop it and it flies back to where it came from.
3) Management of IMAP folders. Creation/deletion. I believe this just
hasn't been implemented.
4) Spell check? My spelling blows as you can tell.
5) I tried setting up access to an LDAP server (the university of
michigan has an LDAP server. I think they wrote it too. (They are
crazy x.500/LDAP people!) No luck. Is this still in the works? I can
provide more detail if it should work. It left my evolutiuon in a non
working state. ldap.itd.umich.edu is the server, but I don't know what
kind of external access is given.
6) I had some initial trouble with imap subscriptions to folders that
don't exist. This really confused the "Manage Subscriptions" tool.
This was very nonintuitive, although I realize that it is the specs
fault. However in pine, these non-existant folders are hidden and
mcorner umich edu
] [Thread Prev