Re: [Evolution] Bonobo woe

On 25 Jan 2001 00:09:33 -0500, root wrote:
Hello,

  I'm trying to install Evolution 0.8, but during the configure process,
a flag comes up telling me I need Bonobo .29 or higher.  Checking my
package manager, I realise I have v.18, so I download a newer version
(v.33).  However, when installing it, I'm told that there are dependency
problems (libbonobo, libbonobo-print, libbonobox, and libefs). I can't

I had a bit of a problem upgrading from Evolution 0.6 to 0.8.   My RPM
package also gave me
a few dependancy issues which were not clear as to how to resolve.  I
had some development
libraries which were not present on my system (I looked in GnoRPM,
development section to see
what I had installed).   I had to go to the helixcode.com website, and
choose the "packages"
section which has listed lots of source & binary modules.  I found all
the developement libraries
there (called xxx-devel-yyy).   Once I'd installed these RPMs, I was
able to install the Evolution
modules via the helixcode update prog.

The issue here is mostly that because Evolution is in beta (not ver 1
yet), it relies on the
development utils to run.   I guess using preview progs has a down side
to it!!

Hope this helps.

regs
rupert